WPF MahApps NumericUpDown control validation (howto hints)

The NumericUpDown control is good (actually the whole library is pretty good) but I've run into a problem in that I need to give feedback when the user enters values greater than the maximum or less than the minimum.

With the control as is its just not possible to add a Validation object as the EditBox is buried too deep and I gather from internet searches that there are some issues around WPF itself in adding the capability.

However it is fairly easy to copy the controls XAML and code and to make a few changes (nice that the licence is MIT in this case) in both the XAML and in the C# control code.

I had originally thought it a bit daunting to make the changes as I'm new'ish to WPF but there's enough bits of information on the internet to piece together the necessary changes. I probably wasted more time trying to avoid making the modifications.

If you want the details of the modifications leave a message below.

Comments